Aug 08. I chose to do drugs to get me back inside and away from my home situration. Bad choice I know because it created an explosion of chaos and hurt for my family and friends. In the aftermath, i lost the support of my family, church family, friends, employer and his family, wife and in turn lost contact with my children.
My wife decided that even though she'd been bringing the girls in to see me the whole time while I was inside, and they were both concieved inside, she would not bring them in to see me as long as I was not working on our marriage. I did not want to and that was then end of our conversations.
I kept calling, had a phone call with the girls (both very young) once a week in which she'd listen in and monitor what was said. They didn't understand why they could only speak to me on the phone and didn't understand the concept of the phone well at that point.
I'd write my wife begging her to bring them in, at this point I was in the same city as her and it was easy for her to drive over.
Once i was "Pen Placed" I was going to go to a Minimum prison on the Island which still would have made things easier for visiting.
When the wife caught wind of this through my Parole Officer while I was on the street (something that shoudl not have been done as PO's are not intitled to give out that type of informaiton in case it is used against the inmate).
That is exactly what happend. The wife pretended to have some legal documents she needed to get to me and in turn the PO told her where I was to be placed.
Once she knew that, she started a romantic relationship (two months after I'd been revolked) with a sex offended in the same prison and had him put my name on an Incompatable List. This meant that I could not go there as long as this other inmate was there. She was successful. Her goal - to keep me and my new love apart. SUCCESS.
So, rather than staying on the island and close to my children, I was moved onto the mainland, a ferry boat away from everyone making it nearly impossible to have any visits whatsoever.
The PO kept up with giving out my personal on my where abouts. The next move after my parole hearing was to move me further away from my girl. Almost to the last place in the province really into a Medium Prison which is more run like a Maximum where you can do nothing. No hobby to make money to send to families, high crime and drug scene and pure chaose at any moment. Lockdowns almost every week and only collect calls costing an average of $20 / 10 minute call.
I'd continue to call the girls on my once a week regard, first speaking to the wife, who by this time had us both convinced we were seperated. Relief. I will now refer to her as my ex wife.
I could hear the girls voices changing and what they were learning. The youngest one was really growing up fast and evey time I spoke to them it'd break my heart.
My girl would send me pictures updates on them but it was all I could do to put them in a box and pull them out once in a while because the hurt from the choices I've made killed me.
Tuesday, March 9, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment